July 17, 2017

Drivin around and a couple bumps in the road

The first pictures are of us driving around to see a few things that we weren't going to be able to see because we stopped hiking. We came across a bridge you can walk on that is also a railroad track. You can see the water below you. It was a tad freaky for me because the bridge moved a little bit. I can't imagine being on there with a train going by because there was no railing or anything in between the train track and where you walked.

Next is the few bumps in the road...
About a week into the trip, before I was hiking with Sam and the kids I went into a town to get some supplies. A guy sideswiped my car. He didn't see me and just came into my lane and hit me. Luckily no one was injured but my car. We can't open the front passenger door and side is dented. Did the whole police report insurance thing and we will take care of it at home. That was not my fault. That brings us to yesterday.  We planned to go tubing down the French Broad River in Hot Springs, NC. We picked up Sam's car and headed out. I was driving his car. We got separated on the way there and I was unsure if I was on the right road so I turned around to head back into town where I would have a cell signal. I underestimated a curve I came up on and Mayson and I ended up going off the road. Once again thankfully no one was hurt. But it was scary. God was definitely providing us with some extra Guardian Angels.  Looking at the pictures I never thought we would drive his car away from there. Everyone was so nice; from the Hot Springs Fire Department guys to the NC State Trooper to the tow guy. It was odd but I left the scene with my heart full feeling totally blessed. I can't say enough good things about those guys.
We did end up going tubing and spending the night in Max Patch, where our hike was to end but I'll save those pictures for the next post.

No comments: