July 1, 2017

Days 6, 7 and 8

I forgot to post pictures from the first night I stayed with them. We found a campsite off the trail. Most nice ones were taken but we found one that needed some TLC....lots of trash. We used it as a pay it forward experience for the kids. They didn't complain about having to pick up other people's trash. We left it way nicer than we found it. Sam was working with the kids on bow drilling.
It rained most of the night last night and  some today. It made for a good setting for  Sam and the kids to make some creepy pictures.  (I wish I could caption under each pic but I am not able to on my phone) There is one that looks like it is just the woods...look at the tree that looks  like a V and there is a Creepy Trey. There is also one of Mayson standing to the side-Trey is in the middle of green plants and she is off to the side.
A little out of order but then there are pictures from this morning....Don't hate us because we are beautiful..be glad you can't smell from looking at pictures...hee hee. We are all showered now and feeling fabulous.
The pictures from the car show some of the mountain ranges they have walked on the top. It is truly overwhelming.
I hiked up to meet them today, the picture of the lake through the trees is near the top.
Then you have silly Trey and finally Mayson's steps for the day 43,209!! They hiked over 16 miles! My kids are rock stars, my hubby too, but I already knew he would kill it! I'm in awe!
Oh and Mayson got her trail name today. A lady they met Sapphire named her "hikergirl" because she was amazed by how well she was doing.

No comments: