June 26, 2017

Day 2 & 3

On Day 2, I think the kids were feeling their packs more than the first day. Sam took on a lot of their weight but they were having a time adjusting. 
By the end of the day they were good but I think there were few tough miles. The kiddos are such troopers!
Sam said they came to a parking lot and the kids started running down hill toward civilization not even 24 hrs into the hike.

Day 3 Sam asked me to meet them at a parking lot just off the trail for lunch. I brought Chic-fil-a, fruit and brownies. They were so excited and hungry! It was good to see their faces and hug their necks.
I kept their packs and let them hike for a few miles without them and set a time to meet them at another parking spot. Well let's just say the road wasn't clearly marked and I was an hour and a half past our meeting time. No cell coverage...no GPS..no paper map. Driving around mountain roads. I asked multiple people; no one knew where I was trying to go. Then I found some wonderful people on one of the bike trails. I told them they were my angels! I was mainly concerned bc I had all their gear except the first aid kit and they each had a water bottle.
I kept praying and God led me to my trail angels and all was well!
Sam and the kids have some amazing pictures can't wait to share them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all the pictures! Thankful for your trail Angels! That's a lit of extra weight Sam was carrying. Think he might think that the parents swim race tomorrow night might be a little easier than what he's doing right now ;)

Adam said...

Great meeting you, Sam, at Grayson Highlands. Praying for this adventure and the next! My email addresses are camiller@samaritan.org and c.adam.miller@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you.